The University offers from September 2017 on - at the division of „Microbiological Diagnostics for Water & Health“ (Univ. Prof. Dr. Andreas Farnleitner) - a research position, which is limited to the duration of three years:
• PhD research within the project “AQUASAFE” - establishing microbiological water safety monitoring for tomorrow”, a competitively funded science project funded by the NFB Klick for more details
• Apply and develop cutting-edge molecular-biological technologies for the analysis and monitoring of the microbiological quality of drinking water resources.
• Cooperate with leading partners in the scientific field of microbiological water quality monitoring and management.
• Perform basic lab research but also field sampling campaigns in cooperation with a large water supplier.
• a Master’s degree in the fields of biotechnology, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, ecology or equivalent disciplines,
• experience in the application of molecular-biological and microbiological methods, with skills in PCR analytics being of advantage
• passion and motivation for manual lab work
• high reliability and the ability to work independently
• open-minded person with strong team spirit
• Interest in writing a dissertation
You will be part of the research team of Prof. Andreas Farnleitner, a well established group within the field of microbiological water quality analysis and molecular diagnostics. The research team at KL is also part of the Interuniversitary Cooperation Centre Water & Health (www.waterandhealth.at), well-connected with international groups working in this area.
Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences is dedicated to achieving a balanced mix of male and female academic and non-academic staff. Consequently, applications from female candidates are particularly welcome.
Applications should be mailed by 31 July 2017 to Ms. Christina Schwaiger of the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30, 3500 Krems, Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The minimum gross salary for this position is € 2,045. Overpayment based on the internal salary structure and individual qualifications and experience is possible.