** Now through August 31, 2019 accepting applications for the position of Research Assistant**
Established in 2013, the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences (KL) is part of an academic and research community located at the Campus Krems, and includes a network of teaching hospitals in St. Pölten, Krems and Tulln. The university offers degree programmes in Human Medicine, Psychotherapy, Counselling Sciences and Psychology which are tailored to the requirements of the Bologna model, opening the door to new, cutting-edge health professions. KL is committed to raising its profile in specific areas of biomedicine, biomedical engineering, and biopsychosocial sciences by entering into strategic academic and research partnerships with other institutions.
Starting at 15th of October 2019, the KL offers a research position in the division "Water Quality and Health" (Head: Prof. Dr. Andreas Farnleitner, Deputy Head: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Alexander Kirschner):
Research assistant (Pre Doc, 30 hrs)
- Writing a doctoral thesis within the framework of competitive research on the topic "Detection and prediction of fecal pollution to guide health-related safety management of water resources”
- Application and further development of new pioneering technologies for the quantification, source tracking, and prediction of microbial fecal pollution.
- Cooperation with other scientific partners in the field of microbiological and chemical water quality analysis
- In addition to laboratory work, sampling campaigns in the field have to be carried out.
- Diploma or master's degree in biotechnology, microbiology, molecular biology, microbial ecology or similar subjects
- Interest in scientific working and writing a dissertation
- Knowledge in molecular biological and microbiological analysis (PCR expertise is an advantage)
- Interest in applying molecular/microbiological data in health-risk simulation tools
- Self-responsible and reliable working approach
- Friendly, open appearance and team spirit
- Willingness to be mobile for sampling and work in laboratories of project partners (preferably in Vienna)
- driving licence category B
You can expect a challenging job in an international and highly motivated team. The research group “Water Quality and Health” at the KL is part of the Inter-University Cooperation Centre for Water & Health (www.waterandhealth.at) and closely networked with other renowned research groups.
The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences is dedicated to achieving a balanced mix of male and female academic and non-academic staff. Consequently, applications from female candidates are particularly welcome. The minimum monthly gross salary for this position is € 2.045,- (30 hrs).
Applications should include a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and credentials and should be sent by e-mail by August 31, 2019 to Ms. Christina Schwaiger of the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30, 3500 Krems, Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org).